The Arctic Report is more than just a semi-monthly subscription: it’s about connecting businesses and building partnerships in the Arctic. We want you to feel like you’re part of the conversation by letting us know of issues specifically important to you and your company, local government, or organization. North Star Group can also provide you with contact information of key actors in the Arctic policy world.
What is included with the service? NSG attends a number of Arctic-related events, hearings and conferences in DC and Alaska to report on the dialogue surrounding Arctic policy, which includes transportation, resource development (oil, gas, minerals), renewable energy, telecommunications, Indigenous Peoples affairs, economic development & investment, national security, Coast Guard, foreign affairs & Arctic Council, environment & climate change, fisheries, infrastructure, shipping–a wide range of topics important to you.
In addition to reporting on live events, issues include special features such as exclusive interviews with policy experts and business leaders, list of upcoming events, collection of resources and links for your reference, and other news.
But most importantly, the Arctic Report is driven by you and the issues you want NSG to report on, the questions you want us to ask, and the events you want us to attend. We’re happy to give you a call about how we can be of service to you.
You can also help drive the conversation by filling out our survey here about how we can tailor the Arctic Report to your needs.
We are offering our new product, along with other publications, at a rate of $575 a quarter and $1,840 annually with 20% savings, including all previous editions. We can provide an invoice with other payment options as well, or work out group discounts for multi-member consortium or organizations.
At about $190 a month, the price affords professional time in attending meetings, interviews, travel and entry fees, plus writing and reporting and editing–as well as professional outreach on behalf of subscribers and attending events by request. Plus, we can provide you with access to our Arctic Network (more than 500 circumpolar business and government leaders!).
Why subscribe? Because North Star Group can put you in touch with business partners, researchers, and government officials to help you meet your goals. Plus NSG has access to events not covered in the news, with a special ear for Alaska because we too are Alaskans–all with contextual analysis and resources.
Now through the next 2 years, the U.S. chairs the Arctic Council–join us in the conversation! Sign up today at this link here!
In addition to our special features, here’s a list of upcoming events covered in July Editions (subject to change and additions):
- CSIS Presents Arctic Crossroads: Iceland’s Strategic Interests in the Arctic
- Senate Environmental & Public Works Committee Hearing: Road to Paris: Examining the President’s International Climate Agenda and Implications for Domestic Environmental Policy
- House Energy & Commerce Subcommittee on Energy & Power: H.R. 702, Legislation to Prohibit Restrictions on the Export of Crude Oil
- Pacific Northwest Economic Region Summit in Montana (Link)
- Impacts of Ice-Diminishing Arctic on Naval and Maritime Installations (Link)
- House Energy & Commerce oversight Hearing on safe seismic surveying in offshore continental shelf
- Senate Energy & Natural Resources (ENR) Committee: Energy and infrastructure challenges and opportunities in Alaska, Hawaii and the U.S. Territories
- Wilson Center dialogue on Russia’s Naval Power in 21st Century
- CSIS Presents Future of Russian Gas Exports
In the month of August, Congress is at recess but a number of dignitaries and Arctic experts will visit Alaska—sign up today so you can attend all these great events via the Arctic Report:
- August 13: NAMEPA Presents Safety in the Arctic Seminar in Anchorage
- August 16: 10th Annual Renewable Energy Fair at Chena Hot Springs Resort
- August 18: Commonwealth North Presents the Hickel Award for Distinguished Public Policy Leadership in Anchorage
- August 18: Institute of the North Presents the Day of the Arctic Luncheon in Unalakleet
- August 23-25: The Arctic Circle Forum presents a Summit on Shipping and Ports in Anchorage (register here: www.alaskasummit.com)
- August 24-28: North Pacific Research Board’s 2015 Science Panel Meeting in Anchorage
- August 25-26: U.S. Arctic Research Commission’s 104th Meeting in Nome
- August 30-31: GLACIER Conference on Climate change in August, likely headlined by President Obama